Nidec has worked its way up to become the world's No.1 manufacturer of small precision motors. In the process, Nidec has gradually expanded its product lineup to include a variety of small to large motors, application products for machinery, and electronic and optical components.
At present, its products are used in a wide range of fields and devices including information and telecommunications equipment, office equipment, home appliances, automobiles, industrial equipment, and environmental energy.
"For Everything that Spins and Moves", the Group is creating next-generation drive technologies to meet the needs of the society.
• Participate in 6S events along with Kaizen and LEAN Enterprise activities.
• Develop suppliers to meet quality requirements and qualify new suppliers.
• Support customer complaints with expedient problem resolution and failure analysis.
• Guide inspection staff though disposition of non-conforming material and print GD&T.
• Develop Quality Control Plans and PPAP’s for new products and implement lean manufacturing and error proofing strategies on the production floor.
• Perform internal ISO9000 self-assessment audits, support external customer and agency audits of the QA system.
• Work with calibration staff to resolve calibration problems and reduce operating costs and improve performance of measurement and test equipment.
• Act as project leader for factory improvement efforts related to reduced cost and improved quality.
• Write and revise operating procedures to comply with new and changed practices as well as external agency certification.
• Deliver innovation in quality control systems that provide increased customer satisfaction and are compatible with ERP system.
• Assist QA Manager with Plant and Department Quality performance metrics to measure, report and act on Quality indicators.
• Adapt and abide by the 3Q6s principals.
• Occasional travel (up to 5%) may be required to support supplier and customer needs.
• 2-4 years of experience in manufacturing with a preference for electrical generation or in a related area.
• Good Leadership skills
• Good Process management skills.
• Skilled in the development of employees in manufacturing processes.
• Good problem-solving skills and methodologies.
• Good written and verbal English communication skills.
• ASQ Certification is desired but not required.
• Spanish as a second language is beneficial.
• Competent in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Ability to resolve problems and recognize opportunities with little direction.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be a US citizen for positions in the North Mankato facility.
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical or science field.
Apply @ www.NidecLex.com
Additional Job Details
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree